Saturday, July 4, 2009

THE ULTIMATE BEFORE THE ULTIMATE

A moment is all that is there before that something very big, a very unnoticed but too big a moment.... A moment that I'm sure comes in every bodies life but somehow sometimes it's just not noticed... It's that one moment that makes all the difference, but it's that one moment we don't give importance to, the kind it deserves....Funny as though it may seem it is true.... It's with this moment in different situations that i wrote this... Might seem relevant might seem too random... just like always.....




Knock Knock

Whose there?

I’m the ultimate before the ultimate

And who may I ask is you

I’m the one moment before anything happens.

Sorry I didn’t quiet get you

Oh let me explain it all to you


When a person slips

Into the crutches of death

I’m that ultimate struggle

To catch an extra breath.


When the doctor, comes out of the OT

And silently in dismay nods his head

I’m that ultimate feeling of hope

Hoping that inside, the near n dear one isn’t dead.


When the judge gives his verdict of being guilty

And the guilty walks from the courtroom to the car

I’m the ultimate feeling of freedom

That he experiences before he goes behind the bars.


When after all wrong things

Something happens to go right

I’m that ultimate feeling of relief

That one gets after such a tremendous fight.


When the lovers end up quarrelling

And it all leads to moment of desperation

I’m the feeling of togetherness and love

That they had felt once, before the separation


When you’re about to lose someone you love

And that too because of some disease

I’m that ultimate feeling of helplessness

That one feels as they near the ultimate release.


You see I’m the ultimate before the ultimate

I’m the one moment that no one notices

Coz I don’t come for long…. Just few moments

N change everything….. to good or bad.

Now please can I come in

Coz in some way right now you’re also experiencing

The ultimate before the ultimate

3 comments:

  1. the writing is ultimate....it ultimately takes ur attention to the moments which actually go unnoticed

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful! i had read abt the 'Magic instant' of the day... but this is something i connect more to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice. Awesome! Love the thoughts. As you said, everyone knows that feeling and can connect to it but just does not seem to acknowledge it. The examples you have chosen are so perfect, so commonplace but also the most meaningful that they bring out the beauty and the gravity of the expression beautifully.

    As a poem, the rhyme is really good, though the rhythm doesnt always work. The death-breath, desperation-separation and disease-release rhyme-rhythm is beautfiully carried out. It is not just the sound but the interconnectedness of meaning that gives it so much depth, and suddenly makes your heart jump a beat.

    ReplyDelete