Monday, July 6, 2009

It began just like this

Once long long ago... Ok not that long ago...During S6 (11th for all non MODERNITES) I walked into the staff room... I think I wanted to miss my Mathematics class and hence needed permission on some pretext from my Community Service In charge..... She was sitting with my English teacher, they were about the exercise she had made her class do and how it turned out.... I was standing there and listening to their conversation, waiting, so that i could take my permission note...but instead I got interested in the conversation and the exercise my teacher had done in her previous class...

She saw that I had gotten drawn to their conversation, so she humored me by telling me to perform the same exercise. She even encouraged me because she saw that expression of oddity on my face, and told me ' I know you'll write something beautiful'.... Anyways I didn't get my permission slip.... But in my mathematics class I ended up doing the exercise... which ended up in the first poem I wrote....

The exercise was to write in a word or line - "What would you rather be???"....And I wrote exactly what she expected out of me....

PS: Please ignore the use of funny things/ words that are used to complete the rhyming scheme... after all its the first thing i wrote


To be a normal person is a very easy task,
But it's difficult to be in pain and wear a happy mask.
Forget people, What would you rather be if not a human being,
Not an animal or bird, but something immortal which we keep seeing.

I'd rather be the Kite and fly high in the sky,
Beyond all limits, towards the horizon, with just a string tied.

I'd rather be the Soil in which the crops are grown,
To serve people with food, rather than being a person who moans and groans.

I'd rather be the Smile that all faces wear,
To make people happy and be a sign of cheer.

I'd rather be the Wind which flows without a barrier,
Calm, cool and mild and becomes a relaxation carrier.

I'd rather be the Tear that flows out and releases pain from the heart
than be the pain, that hurts like a needle on tip of a dart.

I'd rather be the Hug, the symbol of love and care in a heart,
So warm that sometimes with love it can tear the heart apart.

I'd rather be the Silver lining on the cloud of gray,
Giving hope to people in times of failure and dismay.

I'd rather be the Incentive, Motivation and Dedication,
That make you work tirelessly to reach your destination.

At last I'd rather be Love, Genuinity and Honesty
Which are the main ingredients of a souls purity

2 comments:

  1. the idea is impressive! m sure ur maths teacher had a smile reading this :) keep up ur spirits, may the world smile with ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! It sure does look like the first piece of writing but the ideas are all there. You can always take them up and write something again. After all, what is all literature if not reproduction and re-reproduction of the same ideas over and over again. Any and everything that had to be said was said centuries ago. We are just reprocessing it, arent we?!

    ReplyDelete