Tuesday, July 7, 2009

It all begins at Me

"Charity begins at home", that's what Mom said when I told her I wanted to donate old clothes and all. At first I got slightly angry and didn't understand why she was stopping for doing something good. It took sometime but I understood what she meant. I could do the same thing, touch people's life.... the only difference would be that these people would be around me, Our staff... their children etc...

This saying built the foundation for a very important rule in life, It all begins at Me. Yes it does...

As I search for a friend
someone to listen to my fears
understand my feelings
accept me for what I am
I looked around
but there's nobody that I found
like I wanted
So I looked within
and understood
My friendship had to first originate with me.

As I search for love
unconditional and honest
pure and patient
a life long commitment
I looked around
but there's no one that I found
like I wanted
So I looked within
and understood
I had to first start loving me

As i search for a world
a place of peace and integrity
satisfaction of life and soul
a utopia, a perfection, a whole
I looked around
but there's nothing that I found
like I wanted
So I looked within
and understood
my perfection of world had to begin with me....


It all begins with you....and end with you...

5 comments:

  1. Too good!!!Completely love it....definitely something that you can identify with

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post rocks!!!!
    All true

    Smiles :)
    Prashant

    ReplyDelete
  3. All so true (I feel like saying Nami babe, or baba, ke satyavachan!). ;)

    The only thing that I am not very sure of is the loving yourself so that you can love others/others can love you thing. I have heard a lot of people say it. The fact that you have to love people, show trust in them and be there for them for them to reciprocate with the same feeling makes perfect sense. Even that if you do it for someone, someone else will do it for you for an overall balance of karma also makes sense. But loving yourself so that you can love others does not make sense to me. I am not saying that one should not love oneself, but we should need any justifications for that.

    I am not saying this with regard to your poem. That sentence reminded me of all the times I have heard it and I shared the feeling I got at those times. Would love to hear your take on this if you have a different one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know ya... I just feel that when you're not in perfect sync with yourself you can't give away yourself freely.... for me loving/caring for a person means giving urself away...and jab tuk ur not a whole/complete apne mein how can u gve urself

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmm one of the best lines ever read but tell u nammi darling good things starts with you but never dies with you....
    they are like legacy and am sure people after you will follow those goods things which are set by you

    ReplyDelete