Thursday, July 4, 2013

Mahabharat and Ramayan saved the Day


 My nephew all of eight years was visiting us during his winter vacation. Being a nice aunt I wanted to welcome him with a gift, something that would be enhancing and educational and yet something that he would enjoy. Knowing his love for books, I went to the Om Book Shop outlet at Great India Place, Noida. I absolutely love their range and mix of books; they have a book available for everybody.

I wanted to buy something different and not the usual Enid Blyton’s because I have no clue about which ones he has and which he doesn’t. I was looking around when I saw these series of books that Om Book Shop has developed in their own publishing house. It’s the mythological series of picture books. There are many titles available ranging from Krishna, Ganesha, 365 Mythological Tales, Ramayana etc.
 

I totally fell in love with their Mahabharata. The language in the book is easy to understand. It has beautiful glossy pictures explaining the scenes. The story is not very detailed and not too abridged. The book is divided into chapters marking the major events of the epic. The pictorial narrative moves smoothly and effortlessly keeping you engrossed. It not only seemed a befitting gift for my nephew to educate him about our mythological and cultural beliefs but it seemed a good read too. The book is not age specific, I ended up buying it for my niece whose 4 years so that my sister can read it out to her and explain it in between if the need be and I also bought a copy for myself. I think all Moms’ need to get a look at it. It’s beautifully amazing.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment