Tuesday, March 16, 2010

One Letter Short of Danger

Listen, I'm sorry ... I really didn't mean to

Relax...I'm fine and you Don't need to apologize....


And the conversation became normal and after few minutes the question popped


"What is it.... Why does the anger even at a basic level unnerve you...As in so many times even when its not your fault you end up apologizing just to ease out the situation....What is it?"


Laughter... No it's no filmy crap or any dirty secret from my past that is embedded in my memory which scares me... Its just I don't like the concept of Anger.... One of those silly things "Anger is one letter short of Danger"

And with that answer I got a look of "Stop Bullshitting Me" and then I had to explain further

Anger according to me is the most damaging thing.... People's worst side comes out when they are angry.... It's reactions are short sighted.... Even the most virtuous people in History are known to have resorted to violence because of their anger. It makes us do things that we regret later and sometimes things that are unrepairable...

Yes I'm human and I do get angry too, but I prefer to go quite because it can create a lot of damage... Ill spoken words, violence what does it achieve... just bad feelings and a feeling of regret later.. When in a fight I either can fuel the fight by further speaking rudely else I can be the one to say sorry and end it there. Why carry on the fight and the tension and the ill-will and all??? Isn't it best to end it there...

The most virtuous of kings... Ashoka- The Great in his spite and anger led the conquest of Kalinga which led to a lot of destruction. The exact reason for the Wat of Kalinga is unknown but it is said that


Susima's brothers might have fled to Kalinga and found official refuge there. This enraged Ashoka immensely. Ashoka asked the royalty of Kalinga to submit before him but they refused.



Ashoka sent one of his generals to Kalinga to make them submit.

The general and his forces were completely routed through the skilled tact of Kalinga's commander-in-chief. Ashoka was baffled at this defeat and then attacked Kalinga with the greatest invasion ever known. The whole of Kalinga was plundered and destroyed. About 100,000 people were killed on the Kalinga side and 10,000 from Ashoka's army. This was the price of his anger. There after he felt remorse.



Whats the use of such anger which leads to pain and destruction for so many. So many times even when the anger doesn't come out and simmers within a person it is harmful. Yes even when I get angry and I go quiet .... I get this burning feeling inside and feel irritable and end up harming myself.. In my anger, I can't think rationally and can't do things in a proper manner, so yes even though I don't speak mean and I don't hurt the other person it does harm me...

So ya I do prefer letting the matter go with a simple sorry and that does help mellow the other person down and then talk it out with them and clear the misunderstanding.

Also when you re arrange the alphabets of Anger they come to Range and really I do feel that anger does harm and destroy everything in Range.... As in when a persons angry they end up being mean and rude to people who haven't even done anything...Your near and dear ones end up facing the brunt of someone else's mistakes or improper behavior....Just because of your anger, You lash out on everyone else and that's not fair or reasonable but that does happen.. So ya I feel Anger destroys things in Range.



So that's just the reason why I get un-nerved when I'm around people who are angry or when a similar situation.... I feel its prudent just to say Sorry and ease the situation at hand...And please you know I'm not bull-shitting now so trust me and let be...Lets enjoy the food



3 comments:

  1. Wish I was sensible like you when it comes to being angry with someone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very civilized and mature way to handle anger!i agree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You So Much...
    I'm humbled by your appreciation. I shall write something new soon...

    ReplyDelete