Monday, August 17, 2009

Kheech ke Humko laya Kahan yeh Rakeeb re

My life - Commerce with Math in School, Bachelors in English Lit, Masters in Fashion Management, Summer School program in Writing and now pursuing a correspondence course in Financial Studies ..... Where is my life leading me???? Somewhere I hope.....

Mr. A an excellent dancer had a penchant for Performing Arts, wanted to pursue the same line for his profession, parents dissuaded, on being advised studied finance, dropped out and did an MBA and now is looking for a Job. Funny as it may seem today he is sometimes told "You were always interested in the performing arts, why didn't you pursue it as a career option , you might have tested your metal". The poor guy doesn't know where to look....

Mr. B a very happy go lucky boy was living a very comfortable and satisfied life...Finished with graduation now was helping in the family business. Would work hard and then come back and relax and chill with friends...He was content, work was good... social life was even better....all in all Good.... On 15th, he was flying kite, after dark he was coming down the stairs of his newly constructed home and he missed his stepping, fell 3 1/2 flights, He's no more.....

Ms. C was about to turn 16, was a very responsible student and hence wanted to get back home after the fun filled weekend at the farm so that she doesn't miss school unnecessarily the next day.... on the way back she had a car accident and she passed away....

I have fallen in love with this song " Khudaya Ve" from the movie "Luck", well I was listening to it the other day and I don't know where my mind was but there are these lines that kind of stayed with me...."kheech ke humko laya kahan pe rakeeb re" .... Literally meaning... Where has our Destiny got us??? and it got me thinking....a lot

We plan our lives... I want to do this.... I want to be a CA, Doctor, Actor etc.... But what does our Destiny have in store for us??? What plans does it have....What course has It carved???? Yes Destiny/ Luck... it plays a very important role in where we reach what we do what we achieve what we lose.... I know a lot of people will argue this, because they believe, that only hard work will pay... and to some extent I also concur that you certainly cannot achieve without the hard work.... But Destiny/Luck it plays a very big role.

Lakhs of students study for various competitive exams and they do work hard for them but only a minor percentage get through.... Its because in those 2 hrs during the exam Luck did not favor the majority or maybe their Destiny has a better/other plan. A student two years back had cleared the CAT exam and got a call for interview from all the 6 IIM's. Few days before his interview at the IIM, Bangalore, he had a minor accident and he fractured his foot. He went for the interview and he was rejected because he had, had an accident. Yes that was the basis on which they rejected him, said " A person who is not sure of his footing, how will he be sure of making decisions in life"... Well all people could tell him was "destiny has something else in store for you" ... he converted his IIM Kolkatta call and now is going for his job to the USA....

Many people venture into businesses and become entrepreneurs..... fractional percentage grow in geometric progression....The case is not that the others don't have the aptitude or haven't taken risks of great magnitude... It's just Luck favoured the fractional few whereas it ruined few too on taking the same risks....The successful few did the right thing at the Right Time....

That's life... That's Destiny.... All you can do is work hard, put in the effort.... Rest whatever Destiny has in store for you, You will surely get it...nothing more nothing less.... You can't bet upon life, make concrete plans and bet upon them to complete.... The moment you start betting upon things Destiny throws in a new course a new plan for you and you are left wondering..... There are these lines in our Bhagwat Gita " Karmanya vadikarsya Maphaleshu kadachana ma karmaphal hetur bhoo ma sangostu akramani" meaning Thou hast power only to act not over the result thereof. Act thou therefore without prospect of the result and without succumbing to inaction .....

Work Work Work... and Leave it to your Destiny.... If you Succeed well You got luck on your side... if you don't wait have patience your destiny has something in store for you.... Just what that is... You will figure out in due course of time.....Just wait for Destiny... for your time

I had written this long ago....

Try as hard as you can
But trust me
It really won't matter
Coz everything that happens
Is because of me
After all I'm your destiny
You see!!!!!!!

I chose the place of your birth
I chose the day of your first step
I chose the day you spoke your first word
You spoke very untimely ... coz
I had gotten irritated seeing you sit quietly

I chose the course of your life
Every step that you took
Your success and failures are how I planned...
Your future I can foresee
After all it's all up to me

You may have a few aspirations
And few dreams too
Try... Maybe I'll get pleased
And make it happen too
But remember I'm here to tell you

Try but don't bet upon life
For you will never know what course
It might take
Every time you think you have it in control
I'll give you a blow...
I'm Egoistic...
I'm Sadistic...
I won't let Your life
Remain in Even flow....

I like to play my own games
Sometimes mean sometimes sweet
So chill n don't get depressed at your failures
Coz there's nothing you can do
Just try and wait for your results
And remember I have good things and Bad
All in store for you
Coz I'm your destiny
Your maker... Your Destroyer
I'm your Eternity

4 comments:

  1. Destiny holds a different meaning for everyone Nami, some say they make their own; others say they have been made by it.
    It's well written piece that you have put together & i am sure you have put in quite a bit of your experience to it. Though, true to the title of your blog, the beginning is very random!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed reading this post...I completely agree wid wht u've written wrt destiny..smthn is already planned for each one of us..all we can do is work sincerely towards wht we want...n hope to get it..the rest is our luck..our destiny..
    but I would also like to add this..if u really really want smthn to happen..n believe in it strongly..n work towards it...wid all ur heart...u get it...so tht might be ur destiny...or u might have tweaked ur destiny a bit...hard work n faith..definitely have a role to play in ur life too..n a big one...we cant jus leave everything to destiny also..sometimes..u jus have to put up a strong front n be patient...good job done..keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    A very well written work from you...
    And it make me remind of my debates with my room mate.I do believe in destiny.

    "There are no accidents" - From Movie Kungfu Panda

    Smiles :)
    Prashant

    ReplyDelete